teaching the language of drama

Sunday, January 28, 2007

anike

For the whole of my life, Anike is the first play that I have ever watched in the theatre. At first time that me and my classmates are assigned to watch Anike, I were quite excited added with some curiosity as most of my friends don’t even know where is the place of the play will be held. Luckily, I and some of my friends went there by a van, owned by a boy in the class. So, the journey to that place wasn’t so much a problem to me as others have to go there by at least two types of public transportation which are commuter and the KL monorail.

We reached the SGM building a little bit late due to the traffic jammed but luckily I have read half of the play, so I didn’t really missed it up. But I it is still a pity as I missed how they first entered the stage.

My first impression is that it is so real! Well, I have never been to such place. I kept thinking what will happen if there was a mistake even if a simple mistake? Well, as what have I used to see in a movie or drama, they redo the same part until it turns alright according to the script.

Based on what I see from the play, Maniaka’s throne seemed not to be like a king throne. It’s just a simple throne where it looks like he was just sitting on a simple chair as I expected it to be much grand. Another thing that I want to raised up is when Anike spoke, they used a red light which means, I cant really sees her. The lights focused more on Maniaka. Is it because of he is the king so the lights have to be at him even though he was not saying anything? Other of the props that I think is looks so real is the death body of Nadim. Some of my friends are afraid of it but at the end, we found out that it was just a pillow with a dolphin head! Aren’t they brilliant in such props?

I guessed my first theatre have given me some idea what it was like in the theatre and the casting crew. The comfortable situation in the theatre some time makes me and some of my friends dozed off. However, it is a good experience to me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home